Friday, January 2, 2009

Family Fun and New Therapy Toys

Sierra had fun this week. Her Grandpa and Grandma Fedelem came to visit for a week. She enjoyed spending time with them. Our only regret is that they live so far away.

Her Uncle Joshua also came to visit and will be here for a few more weeks.

Sierra also got some new therapy toys. They aren't specifically made for therapy, but they work. :-)

This is a little rubber keyboard that I found at the thrift store. It is very sensitive to the touch so her slightest touches make it play. It is good to help her become more aware of her movement and develop more purposeful movement.
The glowing red thing is a Twilight Ladybug. It lights up in red, blue, and red. I'm not sure if she is able to see the light or not.


And last but not least......



....I am still having a hard time believing this one. Here is the story. My mother is by no means an animal lover. Growing up, we would always have to convince her to let us get another animal. Anyways, she was at my house the day before Christmas. We were chatting about Sierra and she mentioned that it would be good for Sierra to feel movement. She thought of crawling around with Sierra on our backs. Then out of the blue she said, "What she really needs is a little horse." I was so shocked! She said, "You could get her a little horse and he could stay in the pasture with Miracle and Cocoa." (Miracle and Cocoa are my horse and my sister's horse. They live at my parent's house.) After she said that, I jumped on Craigslist and found the ad for this little guy. We called up and made arrangements to go see him on Christmas day. The people selling him had received about 30 e-mails about him, but I was the first to call. We went to see him and bought him. :-) Horse therapy is SOOO good for disabled children. I am going to try to have Sierra ride him at least 2 times a week. My mother named him Praise. I call him, "Lil' Praise Pony."

2 comments:

Adriane said...

WOW! That is like, the best present ever! How fun!

laila said...

Thats so cool!!!! I just think Sierra is the most beautiful baby ever...I just realized I dont have your link on my blog....do you mind if I put it up?!?!?!