Monday, January 26, 2009

Renewed Strength & Blessings

"He gives strength to the weary, and to him who lacks might He increases power...those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength" Isaiah 40:31

I was getting mentally, emotionally, and physically exhausted. This afternoon God gave me renewed energy and an overwhelming sense of peace. I can feel all of your prayers. Thank you for lifting us up before the Lord.

"When the darkness closes in Lord still I will say, 'Blessed be the name of the Lord!'"

Today was one of the most difficult days so far. Right now Sierra is still very critical, but amist the storm there is peace.

Something I have been thinking a lot about lately is how great God's sacrifice was to let His Son go through so much suffering. I have a much better understanding what He went through. It is so comforting that He knows the pain and anguish that we are going through.

I have also been thinking about all the wonderful blessings God has poured out on us. I am going to list just a few.

1. We still have our precious daughter and she had 14 months of excellent health (amazing for a brain injured child!)

2. We are surrounded by the love, prayers, and support of brothers and sisters in Christ (Facebook, Crossings, Grace Waco, KBC, homeschool group, and many people who don't even know us)

3. We have had wonderful doctors and nurses

4. We took Sierra to the doctor as soon as we knew she was sick rather than waiting a while to see if she got better.

5. We have an excellent hospital that people from all over the state and nation come to and it is only 10 minutes from home.

6. We are in a nice big room that has a bathroom and bed.

7. Jason and I both fit on the twin sized bed in our room :-)

8. My parents and siblings are close by.

9. My MIL is flying out to help us during this time. (YAY!)

10. Jason's boss let him take FMLA through Jan 31st.

There are many, many more but I will stop for now. :-)

Thank you all for your prayers. God is bathing us in His grace and giving us enough strength to face one day at a time.

3 comments:

Steph said...

You are such an example to me with your strength and positive outlook. Sierra must be so proud and grateful to have a mommy like you. What a blessing you are to all. I am continuing to pray for your sweetie daily. Blessings, Stephanie

Unknown said...

Sierra Rose,

Little angel
gift of God
child of beauty
child of love
melting hearts
with angel face
God will keep thee
by His grace - Amen

With love,
Ray

Mag's Meaning said...

Praying for Sierra, you and Jason! Thought about y'all last night as I lay awake in bed for quite sometime... God prompting me to pray. God is good to have given you that list of things to be thankful for. ((Hugs))